Tips For Choosing The Perfect Summer Rug
Add a little bit of summer into your home with area rugs. They can be the perfect way to brighten up a room and bring a touch of summer into your living space.
The weather is warming up and summer is almost upon us. It’s time to change over your winter clothes for summer ones, rearrange the garage for summer belonging access, tidy up the outdoors for summer gatherings and a lot more!
One way to really accent the summer season in your home is to pick out a summer rug. Certain aspects of different rugs help capture the summer feel we all love.
Here are some tips when picking out a rug that will be for the summer season.
- Bring the outdoors inside with a floral rug <link to https://www.rugdirect.co.nz/search?type=product&q=floral*+rug*>. Bonus – you will not need to water them! Patterns inspired by nature are always a summer winner.
- Look for jute <link to https://www.rugdirect.co.nz/search?type=product&q=jute*+rugs*> and cotton rugs <link to https://www.rugdirect.co.nz/search?type=product&q=cotton*+rugs*>; they are a great summer material and also fit in with trending nautical, beach and aquatic themes.
- Splash on the colour. When it comes to summer, everyone thinks of light colours. This goes the same with rugs, as lighter colour compliments a summer house really well and bring a welcoming feeling to the room. Colours such as green, yellow, red, light blue and different shades of orange really bring a summer pop to a home.
- Accentuate with rag rugs. To make a room really feel like you are on the beach is to have a rug that accentuates the summer feel. One way to do this is by having a rag rug. When people see rag rugs they think of beach houses, sand blankets, and the sand. They are cost efficient and light in weight so they can be moved around with ease. In addition, they are easier to clean and are good for picking up anything you may bring in from outside.
- Ease of cleaning is important when picking a summer rug. With the warm weather bringing on more indoor-outdoor flow, picking a rug that is easy to clean is important.
- Layering is not just for winters. Use rugs to create boundaries and add a hint of playfulness in your home.
Looking for inspiration for summer rugs? See our website <link to https://www.rugdirect.co.nz/collections/all> for a wide selection of rugs. Play with colours and textures, and pick a summer rug which meets your style, budget and needs!